Things to send to your loved ones after
Power outages, fires, floods,
earthquakes, wind, and storms can interrupt utilities, phones, stores,
ATMs, and travel. These things occur when we are least prepared.
Sometimes our loved ones are
involved, and they may not even know what they need. This list of
suggestions is a good starting point. You can send things with next day
delivery. Note that some types of disasters will delay delivery.
Copyright 2005-2018 Ken Young (http://www.DinoDudes.com). All
This document may be freely redistributed for
educational purposes at no charge in unaltered form.
This information is for educational purposes only.
There is no guarantee of any kind that it is accurate, or that no harm
will come to anyone who uses it.
This information is provided on an "as is" basis with
absolutely no warranty or guarantee. The information is not necessarily
correct, complete, or suitable for any particular use. The entire risk
is with you. Should harm arise from using this information, you assume
responsibility for all damages and injuries. In no event shall the
copyright holder, or any other party, be liable for compensation or
damages arising from the use, misuse, failure to use, or inability to
use this information.
Buy according to what happened
to them and what you think they might need
Hardware or home store
- Gloves (this is really important, you might want to
always send this)
- Respirators (heavy duty dust masks)
- An assortment of screws, nails, and wallboard fasteners
- Toolbox with hammer, screwdrivers, adjustable wrench, pliers,
wire cutters, etc.
- Hand saw
- First aid kit
- Duct tape
- Electric, battery, or hand drill and small assortment of bits
- Solderless electrical connector assortment & crimping tool
- Long heavy-duty extension cord
- Small generator, gas or propane powered
Grocery store web site
- Water, 1 gallon per person per day
- Aluminum foil
- Batteries (D, AA, AAA, and 9V)
- Baby supplies
- Toilet paper
- Charcoal starter
- Box of assorted band-aids
- Antibiotic ointment
- Petrolium jelly
Note that anything that knocks stuff
off the walls will send everyone in the city to the hardware store for
wallboard fasteners. The first 12 people to the store get wallboard